teacher appreciation week
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week - (May 2 - 6) .
We encourage all families to consider taking time out to thank teachers for the hard work and dedication they show our students. Whether it be a simple "thank you," personalized card your student makes or some other small token of your appreciation - Teachers will be grateful.
Please also know that the PTA has coordinated with the administration and is sponsoring a lunch for all teachers during the week on behalf of the school community.
ARISTA applications will be available for 7th and 8th graders beginning Monday, May 2nd on the cafeteria bulletin board or outside room 321 or room 301. Or, click here
to print the application.
Applications must be returned to Ms. Nielsen (Room 301) or Ms. Rosenblum (Room 321) no later than Friday May 20th. All 7th and 8th grade students are encouraged to apply if they meet the following requirements:
* A cumulative average of 90% or more in the 1st and 2nd marking period
* No negative comments for behavior on their report card
* No referrals to the Dean
* No more than 5 latenesses or absences
* At least 8 unpaid service and leadership points earned through participation and leadership in clubs, teams, community service, religious activities, etc."
If you are unsure as to whether you have earned the 8 points please submit an application. We will check your eligibility. Just make sure that you complete the application and submit it by Friday May 20th.
Please note that all ARISTA members will be required to attend 3-4 rehearsals (dates and times to be determined) to prepare for the Arista Ceremony which will take place Wednesday, June 15th at 9AM.
new baruch merchandise on sale this week
All NEW Baruch merchandise is now available!
Newly redesigned merchandise and all new items are here including t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts with hoods, pullover sweatshirts, zip-up sweatshirts, sweat pants and winter beanie hats (hats coming soon).
This week on Wednesday, May 4 during all student lunch times merchandise will be on sale.
Additionally, merchandise will be on sale at the School Play on Thursday, May 19 and Friday, May 20.
PTA elections occur at the June PTA meeting for the 2016/17 PTA Executive Board. Please consider becoming part of the PTA! Every position is up for election. No one position is overwhelming. Positions can be "co" so you can share the position with a friend.
There are a number of current PTA members leaving the school vacating positions. We are hopeful that those current PTA members still at the school will still run for a position. However all positions are up for election - President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Member at Large. Currently each of these positions are "co" positions.
Please email the PTA
with any questions you may currently have and/or speak with a PTA person at upcoming PTA meetings in April or May.
Elections will be held at the June PTA Meeting.
amazonsmile and ms104
We are excited to announcement we have teamed up with the AmazonSmile Foundation as a new fundraiser for MS104! Let all your amazon purchases help earn money for our school. It's so easy!
Any time you want to make a purchase from Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com
instead of amazon.com
. The first time you go to the website it will ask who you want to shop for. Search for "MS104
" (our official name on the AmazonSmile listing is "Pta New York Congress MS104"
), choose our listing
and now every time you make a purchase at smile.amazon.com
, MS104 will earn 0.5%
You can use your existing amazon account.
for more information about Amazon Smile and happy shopping
Manhattan Youth is available to assist students and talk with parents in the Main Office, Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm.
To register for programs and for further information, click here
For Manhattan Youth MS104 Calendar click here
For weekly updates
on Manhattan Youth's After-school program you can also click the "Afterschool"
banner at the top. Manhattan Youth's Monday Memo will be updated every Monday.
8th grade families
The fee is $75 per student and will be collected in the main office, during homeroom period
(students are to check in with their homeroom teachers first before coming to the main office). Senior Dues may be paid by checks or Money Orders such be made out to: General Fund of JHS 104.
All students who submit payment of senior dues will receive a senior button or key chain and a yearbook in June.
Please be aware that senior dues do not cover the expenses for the senior trip, cap and gown, and the senior prom. These are all separate expenses that will be paid at a later date. Information on payment of all these expenses will be provided as we move toward the final marking period.
Senior Trip to Great Adventure
Wednesday, June 8, 2016 -- Important dates and information related to Senior Trip:
- Monday, March 7 - Students can begin submitting payment for the Senior Trip
- Friday, April 22nd - LAST DAY students can submit payment for the Senior Trip
- Bonnie Doyle - students can submit payment to Ms. Doyle in the main office during LUNCH TIME ONLY
- Payment - can be in cash, or by check or money order made out to GENERAL FUND OF J.H.S 104
- Senior dues and senior trip are separate expenses and need to be paid in separate payments.
- Senior Dues (also $75.00)must be paid before a student can pay for the Senior Trip
Please see the attached letter
for more information regarding the senior trip.
Friday, June 17 - Senior Prom
Details to be announced.
Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 -- Graduation
Graduation will be held at the Hunter College auditorium. Tickets for graduation will be distributed in June and each student will receive four. Additional tickets will be given only to those students who have paid senior dues and have a written request from a parent. Please understand additional tickets will be limited and given out on a first come, first served basis, as we cannot exceed the capacity of the auditorium.
Any residual funds from senior dues will be used to support the following school programs:
- Cover costs for families in need of financial assistance regarding these fees, as well as fees for senior trip and/or senior prom.
- School-wide PBIS program (costs include Baruch Bucks, items for the school store, class rewards for positive behavior in relation to the PBIS program, etc.)
- School-wide after school sports, arts, and academic programs (costs includes art, drama and music supplies, uniforms for school teams, referees for competitive sports, equipment for after school programs, etc.)